I have a small HTML+CSS document and a couple of its copies in different formats. that's my fancy resume
I want to make it simply and reliably hosted on a subdomain. that's on resume.mouldwarp.com or something
I don't want (I really don't) too much trouble or any money spent to make this happen. money is trouble
I use Google Apps BETA;) Standard Edition for my domain and I also use Yahoo! mail&stuff. read on this below
WTF am I doing wrong? Do I want too much? Where's that button? hello, which year is this?
- There is no straightforward option to upload a CSSed HTML: neither on Docs nor on Sites
- You can, however, go through a trouble of entering HTML and CSS separately through the menu in a Doc (watch for pitfalls)
- A published doc URL is ugly, has nothing to do with your domain, and you can't change it
- You can't use your published doc webpage with your Google Site in any decent way (let alone simply mapping the site page to it)
- And also a regular *FREE* user's Docs have much _more_ functionality to them than those of GApps (SE?) including some blogging engine integration
I haven't yet found an easy and free way to get what I want, so once I had enough of the current setup, I'll go checking Free Webspace and Free Web Hosting Services. any other ideas?
p.s. I know of the option of hosting all the stuff like this at home or at any other admin-accessible web server. Been there, of course, but now I strive to "minimalise" my life, i.e. to focus on things of my greatest interest, gain and joy - and routine web server administration is nowhere near them, sorry.